CON Faculty Immunizations and CPR version March 2018
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Faculty Immunizations and CPR||Subsection: 4.2.12|
|Section 4.0 - Faculty Policies||Originating Date: May 2002|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Faculty Coordinating Council
All faculty are required to provide written proof of the following at the time of employment and annually or upon expiration thereafter:
- Written verification of current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professionals).
- Written verification and documentation of current immunizations listed below:
- PPD for tuberculosis; annually unless individual tests positive. If test is positive, current CDC guidelines will be followed (www.cdc.gov).
- INFLUENZA immunization annually.
- HEPATITIS B series of immunizations and/or adequate titer levels.
- TETANUS Tdap vaccination 1x an adult; booster (Td) every 10 years thereafter.
- Faculty who were born in 1957 or later need to have verification through immunization records or a titer showing immunity for the diseases listed below. Faculty who were born in 1956 or prior are generally considered immune to the below diseases, except for women who may become pregnant. Faculty from outside the United States who cannot provide evidence of immunization may be required to have titers drawn.
- RUBELLA (German measles)
- RUBEOLA (Red measles)
- VARICELLA (Chicken Pox)
Written verification of current immunization status or a Request for Waiver of Faculty Immunization or CPR Requirements (Appendix M) is required at time of employment. Annually, or at the time a specific immunization is nearing expiration, Dean's Office staff request written documentation or waiver request forms be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Records are maintained in the Dean's Office.
Faculty may request a waiver from these requirements by completing the Request for Waiver of Faculty Immunizations or CPR Requirements (Appendix M) and providing justification and documentation of need for waiver. For recurring requirements, Request for Waiver of Faculty Immunization or CPR Requirements (Appendix M) must be submitted each time requirements comes due.