CON Undergraduate Academic Probation, Suspension, Dismissal, Withdrawal Policy version November 2012
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Undergraduate Academic Probation, Suspension, Dismissal, Withdrawal Policy
|Section 5.0 - Policy
|Originating Date: November, 1971
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation and Scholarship/Grant Committee
|J:/RESOURCE MANUAL/Table of Contents College of Nursing Resource Manual
- Academic Probation: A student whose cumulative grade point average falls below 2.0 will be placed on academic probation for the succeeding term.
- Repeating Undergraduate Nursing Courses: A student who receives a final grade of less than C in a required course in the nursing major may repeat the course one time.
- Academic Suspension: A student who receives a final grade of less than C in a total of two different courses in the nursing major* will be suspended from the College of Nursing for two academic terms. All summer sessions count as one academic term.
- Academic Dismissal: A student will be dismissed from the College of Nursing when the student:
- Does not raise the cumulative grade point average to a 2.0 by the end of the academic probation period, or
- Receives a grade of less than C in the same nursing course twice or receives a grade of less than C in three different required nursing courses in the nursing major. This includes all courses in the nursing major in which the student was unsuccessful the first time and repeated and received a passing grade.
- Readmission After Academic Dismissal: Students who are academically dismissed from the Undergraduate Program of the College of Nursing are not eligible for readmission to the College of Nursing.
- Withdrawal: Failure to officially withdraw may result in grades being recorded as failures and/or holds on transcript.
- The student must notify in writing of their intent to withdraw, to the Director of Undergraduate Programs and Student Services Coordinator at the campus of attendance to complete the Change of Status form.
- Students should contact the Student Services Coordinator at the campus of registration for specific procedures.
*Nursing major includes all courses with a nursing number.