CON 2013-2016 Strategic Plan
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER|
COLLEGE OF NURSING
COLLEGE OF NURSING STRATEGIC PLAN 2013-2016
MISSION AND VISION
The Mission of the College of Nursing is to improve the health of Nebraska through premier nursing education programs, innovative research, the highest quality patient care, and service to underserved populations.
The Vision of the College of Nursing is to be a vital part of a world-renowned health sciences center and to:
- Deliver state of the art nursing education blending traditional learning approaches with emerging learning technologies;
- Offer health care and health systems solutions grounded in leading-edge nursing science;
- Promote health, reduce the burden of illness, and lessen health disparities in Nebraska and beyond.
The mission and vision of the College of Nursing are accomplished through leadership by faculty, staff, and students. The leadership philosophy of the College embraces resiliency, shaping positive change, pro-active thinking, effective partnerships, and risk-taking toward creative possibilities.
A: UNMC will be learning-centered in education
College of Nursing Long Range Plan: Offer high quality, cost-effective educational programs that prepare nurse leaders to shape a preferred health care future.
VISION: Be architects and scholars of innovative models of learning
Overall Accountability: Karen Grigsby
Goal 1: Foster a climate of life-long learning and innovation.
Leaders: Karen Grigsby, Department Chairs, Assistant Deans, Undergraduate Curriculum Chair, Professional Graduate Nursing Programs Curriculum Chair, Chair of PhD Advisory Committee
Milestones and target dates:
- Establish planning committee to reconceptualize delivery of MSN courses to meet the demands of health care reform and emerging new models of education including BSN-DNP (Sept 2013).
- Establish partnerships to deliver education efficiently and effectively (June 2014)
- Develop and implement an ongoing faculty development program for the area of education.
- Planning team convened (Fall 2013).
- Needs assessment completed (January 2014).
- Develop plan, objectives, and outcomes presented to Executive Council (March 2014).
- Create a Center for Excellence in Teaching and Technology.
- Planning to begin Fall 2013;
- Fully implemented Fall 2017.
- Create a position for and develop plan to raise funds for an endowment for a chair for teaching excellence and innovation. (June, 2014)