CON Director of Evaluation
|Home||Administration & Organization||Position Descriptions|
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Director of Evaluation Position Description||Subsection: 3.2.11|
|Section 3.0 - Position Descriptions||Originating Date: October 1998|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
General Position Description:
The Director of Evaluation is responsible for the on-going implementation of all aspects of the College’s systematic plan for evaluation. The Director of Evaluation reports to the Dean of the College of Nursing. As a member of the faculty s/he participates in the tripartite faculty role of teaching, research and service.
- Reviews annually the CON systematic plan for evaluation to identify gaps in data gathering instruments and works with the appropriate individuals to identify/develop suitable instruments.
- Develops a time-line and implements a process for gathering specific evaluation data.
- Insures that all elements of essential evaluation data are collected.
- Collects and analyzes evaluation data, develops summaries, and implements a plan for central storage and retrieval of evaluation data and results.
- Provides evaluation results to appropriate individuals and groups for review and, when appropriate, makes recommendations.
- Keeps administrators/faculty/staff updated as to the process and progress in implementing the systematic plan for CON evaluation through reporting on a scheduled basis.
- Tracks implementation of revisions developed from evaluation results.
This position requires a Master's Degree, doctorate preferred. The incumbent should have educational or administrative experience including preparation of evaluation reports and program evaluation materials. Experience in preparing reports for accrediting bodies is preferable. Excellent interpersonal and written communication and computer technology skills are required. Terms of employment are in keeping with current University of Nebraska policy.