CON English as a Second Language - Undergraduate Students version October 2012
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|English as a Second Language Undergraduate Students||Subsection: 5.2.5|
|Section 5.0 - Policy||Originating Date: March, 1987|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation & Scholarship/Grant Committee
|J:/RESOURCE MANUAL/Table of Contents College of Nursing Resource Manual|
- Applicants whose language of nurture is not English must present current (within the last 5 years) scores from instruments that measure listening, structure, reading, writing and oral communication competency in the English Language. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the Pearson Test of English are acceptable examinations to demonstrate English language competency.
- The minimum scoring standards are:
- Internet Based TOEFL (iBT): minimum score of 22 in the Reading, Listening and Writing sections and a minimum score of 26 in the Speaking section.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): minimum score of 59 in the Reading, Listening and Writing sections and a minimum score of 71 in the Speaking section.
- International applicants who originate from a country whose native language is English will be evaluated individually
- Any student who presents with a question of English proficiency upon faculty or student service advisor interview must demonstrate English proficiency according to the standards listed in #2.