CON Evaluation of Undergraduate Students version November 2012
From University of Nebraska Medical Center
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Evaluation of Undergraduate Students||Subsection: 5.2.15|
|Section 5.0 - Student Policies||Originating Date: March 1972|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
- Course objectives/outcomes/competencies shall be the basis for evaluating student achievement.
- Course faculty shall develop methods for providing ongoing, systematic, and comprehensive feedback to students regarding their clinical performance.
- The students shall have access to their theory grade in the course at midterm and at final.
- Minimum evaluation of clinical achievement should include written feedback at the end of each clinical week, at mid-term, and at the conclusion of the course.
- Students may request an evaluation of progress at any time for the purpose of additional guidance.
- Students shall have access to their own evaluations and records.
- Regular clinical progress and clinical evaluation records may be disposed of following a student’s successful completion of the NCLEX-RN or one year after graduation, whichever occurs first.
- Students may request and receive copies of any information in their own records to which they have not waived access. The cost of the photocopying shall be borne by the student.
- Any papers or projects that are factored in the final course grade are to be returned to students in a timely manner.
- Students shall be oriented to evaluation policies and procedures in each course at the beginning of the semester.
- Regular clinical progress notes and a summarized statement of evaluation of undergraduate student's clinical progress shall be entered in the student's cumulative record.
- Evaluation records shall be dated and signed by the instructor and student. The signature indicates that the student has read the record. It does not indicate that the student agrees with the evaluation.
- All grades must be completed and submitted to Academic Records by the final day of the semester.
- Course Coordinators shall be responsible for securing and presenting clinical evaluations to Student Services for filing in students' records each semester:
- When students review original personal records, either a secretary or faculty member must be present.