CON Faculty Practice Committee Rules of the Faculty Organization version March 2019
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Faculty Practice Committee Rules of the Faculty Organization||Subsection: 4.1.10|
|Section 4.0 - Faculty Policies||Originating Date: October 1998|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Faculty Practice Committee
Faculty Coordinating Council
General Faculty Organization
The purpose of the Faculty Practice Committee is to stimulate interest and involvement of faculty members in practice, assist faculty in the integration of clinical practice into the academician’s role, and support faculty in attaining and maintaining quality in practice endeavors in order to facilitate College of Nursing goals.
- Promote faculty practice 1 as an important dimension of the faculty role;
- Provide expertise to practicing faculty through mentoring;
- Provide a forum for addressing faculty practice issues or concerns, and advocate for practicing faculty who have concerns or issues specific to their role;
- Promote quality improvement / process improvement activities, and/or developing a program of clinical scholarship
- Promote student involvement in both direct patient care, quality improvement, process improvement and/or scholarly projects ;
- In collaboration with Morehead Center for Nursing Practice (MCNP) leadership, provide input into the MCNP goals and functions for faculty practice;
- Advise and assist Morehead Center for Nursing Practice with the annual evaluation of faculty practice .
- Select the recipient for the Ada M. Lindsey Professional Service Award and report the name of the awardee to the Faculty Coordinating Council.
- Chairperson, elected annually from the membership by committee members for a one (1) year term.
- Eight (8) faculty members elected at-large for two (2) year terms, four (4) in even years and four (4) in odd years. The minimum criteria for membership is participation in faculty practice defined as having a contract through Morehead Center for Nursing Practice within the last year.
- Director of Morehead Center for Nursing Practice, ex officio member.
- Meetings will be held each month during the academic year.
- All elected members shall have voting privileges
1 Faculty practice shall be defined as an arrangement for provision of professional nursing services to individuals, families, populations, or systems wherein the faculty member is ultimately responsible for outcomes and demonstrates a commitment to scholarly activity.
Bylaws changed to Rules of the Faculty Organization – November, 2011