Difference between revisions of "CON PhD Affairs Council Rules of the Faculty Organization"
|Line 74:||Line 74:|
Revision as of 15:35, August 12, 2013
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|PhD Affairs Council Rules of the Faculty Organization||Subsection: 4.1.9|
|Section 4.0 - Rules of the Faculty Organization||Originating Date: May, 2010|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Faculty Coordinating Council;
|J:/RESOURCE MANUAL/Table of Contents College of Nursing Resource Manual|
The purpose of the PhD Affairs Council is to foster high quality, doctoral education in nursing in accordance with the policies of the UNMC Graduate College.
- Plan and monitor courses and curricula and make recommendations for approval from the UNMC Graduate Council.
- Recommend applicants for admission to the doctoral program to the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Recommend names of students for graduation to the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Recommend approval of dissertation supervisory and examination committees to the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Develop and coordinate regular ongoing formal evaluation of the curriculum and graduates and provide ongoing feedback for program improvement.
- Monitor students’ performance for progression and recommend candidacy.
- Establish criteria, policies and procedures to be used in awarding and reporting scholarships, traineeships, fellowships, and other awards to doctoral students.
- Notify College of Nursing Student Services office of honors/awards received by doctoral students.
- Notify Professional Graduate Nursing Program Curriculum Committee, Professional Graduate Nursing Program Admission, Progression, Graduation & Scholarship Committee and General Faculty Organization of any changes approved by UNMC Graduate College.
Membership consists of voting and ex-officio graduate faculty members who are recommended to the Dean of Graduate Studies for appointment.