CON Procedure for Requesting Emeritus Faculty Appointment version April 2016
From University of Nebraska Medical Center
Revision as of 17:01, December 6, 2018 by Jbarrier (Created page with "<table style="max-width:70em !important; background:#F8FCFF; text-align:center" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"> <tr> <td style="padding:0.5em; backgro...")
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Procedure for Requesting Emeritus Faculty Appointment||Subsection: Appendix U|
|Section - Appendices||Originating Date: March 2008|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Promotion and Tenure Committee
College of Nursing Promotion and Tenure Committee will provide peer review of a nomination for Emeritus Faculty Status as described in Rules of the Faculty Organization 4.1.1.
- When a faculty member makes a decision regarding retirement, the faculty member and immediate supervisor will discuss Emeritus Faculty Appointment and determine any special provisions (e.g. office space, staff support, equipment) that may be provided with the appointment.
- A letter of nomination for the faculty member for Emeritus Faculty Status Appointment will be written (immediate supervisor, another faculty member, or self). The letter will describe succinctly the faculty member’s “substantial service to the college/university” and any special provisions to be provided with this appointment. This nomination letter and the faculty member’s curriculum vitae will be sent to the chair of the Promotion and Tenure Committee at least 60 days before retirement.
- Upon receipt of the Emeritus Faculty Status Appointment nomination documents, the Promotion and Tenure Committee chair will disseminate the documents to the committee for review and recommendation.
- After the Promotion and Tenure Committee has made the recommendation, the Promotion and Tenure Committee chair will forward the recommendation to the Dean of the College of Nursing.
- The Dean of the College of Nursing will review the recommendation for Emeritus Faculty Status Appointment and forward the recommendation to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- The Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs forwards the recommendation to the Chancellor and the Chancellor notifies the Dean of the College of Nursing of the final decision.
- The Dean of the College of Nursing notifies the faculty by letter regarding the final decision.