CON Professional Graduate Grading System
From University of Nebraska Medical Center
Revision as of 15:02, April 14, 2021 by Jbarrier
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Professional Graduate Grading System||Subsection: 5.3.6|
|Section 5.0 - Student Policies||Originating Date: February 2009|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Professional Graduate Nursing Affairs Committee
Final Reviewing Agency:
General Faculty Organization
- Grade guidelines for all College of Nursing professional graduate courses.
The percentage system used to award grades within the College of Nursing is the following:
A+ 98-100 D+ 68-69 A 93-97 D 63-67 A- 90-92 D- 60-62 B+ 88-89 F below 60 B 83-87 B- 80-82 C+ 78-79 C 73-77 C- 70-72
Quality points are calculated according to the following system:
Grade Quality Points Grade Quality Points A+ & A 4.0 C 2.00 A- 3.67 C- 1.67 B+ 3.33 D+ 1.33 B 3.00 D 1.00 B- 2.67 D- 0.67 C+ 2.33 F 0.00
- Grades of Incomplete are to designate incomplete work in a course and will be used in extenuating circumstances such as illness, military service, hardship or death in family.
- Grades of Incomplete are given when student has already completed substantial requirements in the course.
- Grades of Incomplete must be completed in one semester after they have been awarded or the grade of Incomplete will revert to a grade of F. Any extensions to the one-semester time frame must be arranged with the Associate Dean of Academic Programs prior to the Incomplete being changed to a grade of F.
- A student with two or more current grades of Incomplete will not be permitted to enroll in any new courses until the number of current incomplete grades becomes less than two.
- The course instructor, or in the absence of the instructor, the specialty coordinator, shall supervise the completion of the course work and removal of the incomplete to a course grade.
- If the incomplete is in a course that is a prerequisite for another, the student may not progress until the incomplete is removed.
- All grades of Incomplete on courses that are part of the degree requirements must be removed at least one month before the final semester of the degree.
- Student Services will run a query each semester to monitor student progression. They will notify the academic faculty advisor of failure to meet grade expectations of a 3.0 or above or of any Incompletes that have not been removed from their record. Please see Policy 5.3.11 for progression of the student.