CON Requirements for Undergraduate Graduation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
|Student Policies Index||General||Undergraduate||Professional||PhD||Appendices||TBD|
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Requirements for Undergraduate Graduation||Subsection: 5.2.31|
|Section 5.0 - Students||Originating Date: October, 1998|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation & Scholarship/Grant Committee
|LJT:3/29/99; 5/24/00; 1/14/08
J:/RESOURCE MANUAL/Table of Contents College of Nursing Resource Manual
- The degree is granted by the Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska to those candidates who have been recommended for the degree by the faculty of the College of Nursing.
- The faculty of the College of Nursing establish the requirements for graduation.
- Requirements for graduation are as follows:
- Maintain a cumulative University of Nebraska grade point average of 2.0 or above.
- Each student who expects to receive a degree must file an application for candidacy for the degree by the published deadline.
- Successfully complete the course of study for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program.
- Earn 30 hours of the last 36 hours at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC). Registered nurse students must complete a minimum of 20 hours of UNMC nursing courses (plus any additional requirements) to receive a BSN degree.
- Discharge all indebtedness to the University of Nebraska prior to graduation.
- Attendance at graduation ceremony is required for those completing degree requirements unless excused by the Dean of the College of Nursing. Formal commencement ceremonies are held in May and December. Those graduating at other times will receive diplomas when requirements are fulfilled and have the privilege of participating in the next formal commencement.
- Deadline for application for graduation is posted on campus bulletin boards.
- The application will be filed through the Academic Records Office on the UNMC campus.