CON Student Responsibility to Provide Information Policy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Student Responsibility to Provide Information Policy||Subsection: 5.1.3|
|Section 5.0 - Student Policies||Originating Date: June 1970|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation & Scholarship/Grant Committee
|Revised: January 1998
Revised: May 2006
Revised: September 2008 (via consent agenda)
Reviewed: November 2012
The student has the responsibility to inform the College of Nursing regarding a change in status.
- The student must keep current their name, address, phone number and residency status in the Student Information System.
- The student must provide information on any change in physical or cognitive ability which may interfere with safe patient care. If changes occur, the technical standards form may need to be updated. Special accommodations may be requested as per policy 5.2.1.
- The student must report any action taken against a health care license.
- The student must sign a disclosure form yearly. The student must report any new convictions including but not limited to theft, assault and illegal drug/alcohol activity other than minor traffic violations which could interfere with clinical placements or obtaining a licensure to practice nursing. The student must also report if they have been a defendant in a civil suit.
- Failure to report or falsifying information will be grounds for disciplinary action or dismissal.
- All reports and documentation should be submitted to the Director of the Undergraduate Program and/or Campus Assistant Dean.