CON Student Responsibility to Provide Information Policy
From University of Nebraska Medical Center
Revision as of 12:13, June 19, 2013 by Jbarrier
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Student Responsibility to Provide Information Policy||Subsection: 5.1.2|
|Section 5.0 - Students||Originating Date: June, 1970|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation &
Revised: January, 1998
J:/RESOURCE MANUAL/Table of Contents College of Nursing Resource Manual
The student has the responsibility to inform the College of Nursing regarding a change in status.
- The student must report any change of name, address, phone number or residency status to the Student Services Advisor.
- The student must provide information on any change in physical or cognitive ability which may interfere with safe patient care. If changes occur, the technical standards form may need to be updated. Special accommodations may be requested as per policy 5.2.1.
- The student must report any action taken against a health care license.
- The student must sign a disclosure form yearly. The student must report any new convictions including but not limited to theft, assault and illegal drug/alcohol activity other than minor traffic violations which could interfere with clinical placements or obtaining a licensure to practice nursing. The student must also report if they have been a defendant in a civil suit. These reports go to the Director of the Undergraduate Program.
- Failure to report or falsifying information will be grounds for disciplinary action or dismissal.