CON Summer Salary Awards version March 2015
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Summer Salary Awards||Subsection: Appendix F|
|Section - Appendices||Originating Date: November 1998|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Summer Salary Awards
A limited amount of summer salary support may be available for Summer Salary Awards to faculty with nine month contracts. The priorities listed below for funding for Summer Salary Awards were developed by the Summer Salary Award Committee, endorsed by Faculty Coordinating Council, and approved by Executive Council. All proposals must be approved with signature of the applicant’s Division Assistant Dean (based on clarity and achievability of the proposal and on successful completion of any previously summer funded Project). Please allow adequate time for these approvals.
Priority will be based on the relevance of the proposal to the needs and strategic goals of the CON, and the clarity and achievability of proposed Project outcomes. Priority will be given to those Projects that have utility and buy-in from faculty across campuses for the development, implementation and evaluation of the Project:
- Proposals must provide a clear description of the involvement, responsibility, and accountability of each Project participant on each campus.
- If all divisions have been invited to participate in a cross-campus Project and all believe in the value of the Project, but representatives from each division are not available for summer work, funding can be awarded to those available to work on the Project.
- Redesign course(s) (undergraduate or graduate) to include novel, learner-centered strategies.
- Develop strategies to improve NCLEX performance.
- Redesign course(s) (undergraduate or graduate) to include more context specific, practice-focused teaching and learning strategies.
- Develop classroom or clinical innovations that incorporate information technology into course(s).
- Prepare a grant application focused on teaching scholarship (e.g., training grant or testing an innovative teaching strategy).
- Develop strategies to promote cross-cultural or rural-urban student exchanges.
Faculty with nine month contracts may apply. Previous Summer Salary Awards must have been completed successfully (as determined by the applicant’s Assistant Dean) to be considered for approval of a Summer Salary Award.
Summer salary funding will be considered for Projects taking a minimum of 1 week up to a maximum of 6 weeks. To apply for this funding, submit a Summer Salary Award application for each Project. The application can be found in Appendix F1.
Deadline to Division Assistant Dean for signed approval is Friday 5 p.m. Feb. 25. Signature to be indicated by Assistant Dean by forwarding on email to Co-Chair of Summer Salary Award Committee.
Deadline for submission to Summer Salary Awards Committee is Friday 5 p.m. March 3. The Summer Salary committee will review the proposals and make recommendations to the Dean. The anticipated date of notification for award is March 20. Deadline for completion of the Project is August 8. Deadline for Award Report to respective Assistant Dean is Friday September 5 by 5 p.m. Deadline for Award Report to Summer Salary Committee with approval of Assistant Dean is Friday September 12.