CON Undergraduate and Professional Graduate Student Disciplinary Appeal Rules of the Faculty Organization
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Undergraduate & Professional Graduate Disciplinary Appeal Committee Rules of the Faculty Organization||Subsection: 4.1.7|
|Section 4.0 - Faculty Policies||Originating Date: September 2019|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation and Scholarship/Grant Committee
Faculty Coordinating Council
General Faculty Organization
Policy 4.1.4 - Undergraduate Rules of the Faculty Organization
Policy 5.2.20 - Undergraduate & Professional Graduate Student Disciplinary Appeal
- In conformity with the Bylaws of the Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska, Chapter V, Paragraph 5.0, 5.4, and 5.5, and the "UNMC Procedural Rules Relating to Student Discipline, and the " University Code of Conduct, and any subsequent related University of Nebraska UNMC policies or policy revisions. The Undergraduate/ Professional Graduate Disciplinary Appeal Committee shall provide the mechanism for the formal student appeal of any charge(s) or disciplinary action brought against the student. This applies to Undergraduate and Professional Graduate students. Ph.D. students will utilize the mechanism provided by the College of Graduate Studies.
- Establish criteria and policies to be utilized for the admission, progression and graduation of undergraduate students.
- Review and evaluate the applications and make recommendations to the Dean regarding the admission of applicants in accord with the criteria.
- Electronic voting can be utilized as a means of collecting a vote for admissions. A summary of the voting outcomes will be included in the monthly minutes.
- Review admission progression and matriculation data post admission acceptance to identify trends for failure to matriculate and make recommendations to the Associate Dean for Academic Programs, the Director of Undergraduate Programs and/or the Division Assistant Dean, or committee.
- Review progression reports and formal program evaluations annually to detect patterns and problem areas and make recommendations to the Associate Dean for Academic Programs, the Director of Undergraduate Programs and/or the Division Assistant Dean, or the committee.
- Annually review Academic Review and Disciplinary action policies and procedures and the rules of the Academic Review and Disciplinary Action Committees Rules of the Faculty Organization.
- Meet biannually with the Academic Review and Disciplinary Action committees to review and update policies and procedures relevant to the functions of these committees.
- Provide the Academic Review and Disciplinary Action committees policy and procedural support and guidance during academic and disciplinary appeals via ex-officio membership on both committees.
- Review and recommend candidates for graduation.
- Award scholarships/grants to students according to established criteria and academic policies and procedures.