CON Undergraduate and Professional Graduate Student Disciplinary Appeal Rules of the Faculty Organization
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Undergraduate & Professional Graduate Disciplinary Appeal Committee Rules of the Faculty Organization||Subsection: 4.1.7|
|Section 4.0 - Faculty Policies||Originating Date: September 2019|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation and Scholarship/Grant Committee
Faculty Coordinating Council
General Faculty Organization
Policy 4.1.4 - Undergraduate Rules of the Faculty Organization
Policy 5.2.20 - Undergraduate & Professional Graduate Student Disciplinary Appeal
- In conformity with the Bylaws of the Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska, Chapter V, Paragraph 5.0, 5.4, and 5.5, and the "UNMC Procedural Rules Relating to Student Discipline, and the " University Code of Conduct, and any subsequent related University of Nebraska UNMC policies or policy revisions. The Undergraduate/ Professional Graduate Disciplinary Appeal Committee shall provide the mechanism for the formal student appeal of any charge(s) or disciplinary action brought against the student. This applies to Undergraduate and Professional Graduate students. Ph.D. students will utilize the mechanism provided by the College of Graduate Studies.
- Such charges shall be defined as violation of law where the institution's interests are distinctly and clearly involved, violation of rules or regulations, disruptive or insubordinate behavior, or academic dishonesty. The student will be held responsible for her/his own actions according to what a reasonable prudent student would do or not do in a given situation.
- The Disciplinary Appeal Committee, comprised of 15 faculty members, will serve in accordance with the Rules & Regulations as stated for the Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation & Scholarship/Grant Committee (UGA or UG) and the Professional Graduate (PGNA) and General Faculty Organization Rules & Regulations.
- The Disciplinary Hearing Subcommittee will be the appointed 5-member sub group from the Disciplinary Appeal Committee assigned to a specific disciplinary appeal, who are following the rules and functions of the Committee for the specific student appeal.
- The judgements of the Disciplinary Appeal Committee and the Disciplinary Hearing Subcommittee will be in conformity with the policies related to Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation & Scholarship/Grant Committee (UGA or UG) and the Professional Graduate (PGNA) policies of the College of Nursing. Disciplinary proceedings will refer to the current UNMC Student Policy Wiki) and the "UNMC Procedural Rules Relating to Student Discipline".
- The Disciplinary Appeal Committee will meet “as needed/on call” in addition to biannual meetings in September and April organized by the Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation & Scholarship/Grant Committee in order to conduct review of proceedings for the previous 6 months and to review policy/process.
- Disciplinary Hearing Subcommittee proceedings related to student issues will be conducted as confidential proceedings.