Travel and Reimbursement

From University of Nebraska Medical Center
Revision as of 13:40, February 4, 2019 by Dpanowic (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Human Resources   Safety/Security   Research Compliance   Compliance   Privacy/Information Security   Business Operations   Intellectual Property

General Accounting | SBIR/STTR Program Participation | Supplemental Compensation Plan | Facilities Management/Planning | Purchasing | Public Affairs | Facility Identification | Serving Alcoholic Beverages | Travel and Reimbursement | State Vehicles | Reproducing Copyrighted Materials | Bank Card Processing | Student Training Agreement | Volunteer | Cash Handling | Fraud | Assigning Research Lab Space | Space Scheduling and Fundraising | Academic Personnel Records | Cellular Phone | Off-campus Graphic Design and Related Printing | Off-campus Photography | Tax Exempt Financing and Tracking of Both Qualified Use and Non-Qualified Use of Research Space | Secondary Logos | Social Media | Sensitive Equipment Tracking | International Visitors | Accounts Receivable Management

Policy No.: 6014
Effective Date: 07/01/98
Revised Date: 11/06/17
Reviewed Date: 11/06/17

Travel and Reimbursement Policy


State statutes require the Board of Regents to establish policies related to travel and miscellaneous expense reimbursement. The term "Travel" is defined as an absence from the campus during normal work schedules for the purpose of conducting University business. All travel authorizations must be approved in advance and are governed by the procedures outlined in Concur Travel Approvals.


The President of the University of Nebraska has delegated his statutory authority, 81-1175, to approve travel authorizations, to the Chancellor. In turn, the Chancellor is delegating authority according to the following:

Delegated Authority to Approve Authorized Official
Domestic Travel Dean, Director or Designee
Domestic travel with no expense to University Dean, Director or Designee
All foreign travel wherever a passport is required Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance or Designee
Travel to the following states and territories: Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands of the United States, Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance or Designee
Travel by privately owned aircraft piloted by staff member Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance or Designee
Travel by chartered aircraft Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance or Designee

Expense Reimbursement

Travel expenses are reimbursed based upon actual costs and should reflect the greatest advantage to the University and to the staff member in terms of time and money. Each college, institute or division may implement policies and procedures that are more restrictive than those adopted by the University. Please consult the appropriate administrative office for specific details prior to travel to insure that your expense submission is consistent with those policies and procedures.

Additional Information

This page maintained by dkp.