Audio Visual Equipment, Media and Computer Hardware and Software
From University of Nebraska Medical Center
|Home||Facilities and Resources|
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Audio Visual Equipment, Media and Computer Hardware and Software||Subsection: 6.2.2|
|Section 6.0 - Facilities and Resources||Originating Date: July 1979|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
- Requisitions for new audio visual equipment, media and computer hardware and software will be reviewed prior to purchase to ensure compatibility with existing standards. The College of Nursing Learning Resource Center (LRC) Coordinators will review purchases with the Associate Dean for Academic Programs and/or the respective division Assistant Dean to ensure that audio visual equipment is suitable for the intended purpose and that media content is appropriate. The Workstation Specialists will review computer hardware and software purchases to insure compatibility and compliance with standards.
- Recommendations for the purchase of media should include input from all divisions if at all possible. The requester must involve, where appropriate, all course coordinators and LRC Coordinators.
- Media may be ordered for preview by request to the respective division LRC Coordinator. The LRC Coordinator will be responsible for acquiring, disseminating and returning the preview materials in a timely manner
- The LRC Coordinators will maintain an inventory of each piece of audio visual equipment and media regardless of cost. The Workstation Specialists will maintain an inventory of all computer hardware and software.
- Audio visual equipment, media and computer hardware and software are to be inventoried on a yearly basis. Equipment on loan must be brought into one of the divisions on a yearly basis for this purpose.
- Audio visual equipment, media and computer hardware and software purchased by any division of the College of Nursing is considered the property of the College of Nursing as a whole with assignment made to the College not to an individual or division.
- Audio visual equipment, media and computer hardware and software purchased by the College of Nursing will be delivered directly to the ordering division if possible. Otherwise, delivery will be to the Omaha Learning Resource Center or Workstation Specialists. Upon receipt, each item will be checked to determine if the order has been filled correctly and completely and if the unit is working properly. The warranty card will then be filled out and returned if applicable.
- All equipment costing $5,000 or more will be marked by UNMC Inventory Control with a standard asset identification tag. All equipment over $100 and less than $5,000 will be marked with the appropriate CON asset identification tag by the receiving Learning Resource Center or the Workstation Specialists.
- New equipment is considered the property of the College even without appropriate identification.
- Transferring, loaning and sharing, of audio visual equipment and media will be handled locally by the LRC Coordinators or Workstation Specialists, in accordance with CON Policy 6.2.1. Disposal of audio visual and computer equipment will be according to UNMC policy 6051 and will be coordinated through the Workstation Specialists in order to expedite record keeping and ensure proper inventory control.
- Audio visual equipment and media held by a division will be cleaned and maintained by the respective LRC Coordinator. If there is a repair issue, the LRC Coordinator will contact the division Assistant Dean or, in Omaha, the Associate Dean for Academic Programs to determine whether to repair or replace the item. Any damage or loss of media or audio visual equipment should be reported immediately to the Learning Resource Center.
- Computer hardware and software will be maintained by the Workstation Specialists. Any damage or loss of computer hardware or software are to be reported immediately to the Workstation Specialist.