Loan of Media and Media, Simulation and Computer Equipment
|Home||Facilities and Resources|
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Loan of Media and Media, Simulation and Computer Equipment||Subsection: 6.2.1|
|Section 6.0 - Facilities and Resources||Originating Date: December 1972|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
- College of Nursing faculty and staff will be given preference for the loan of any media or media, simulation and computer equipment (equipment) that may be available.
- Media and equipment may be taken off campus by College of Nursing faculty or staff for College of Nursing related activities.
- Nursing students, with appropriate permission from the Learning Resource Center Coordinator, may borrow media and equipment from the Learning Resource Center for off campus use related to College of Nursing special projects or class assignments.
- Media and equipment loaned for more than 30 days must be done in accordance with UNMC General Accounting Policy No: 3000.
- College of Nursing media and equipment may be loaned to other UNMC faculty/staff and may be made available for use off campus.
- Entities with Student Affiliation Agreements, Practice Agreements and Business Associate Agreements may borrow media and equipment from the College of Nursing if it is not scheduled for use within the College of Nursing.
- Items may be loaned for up to one week. The College reserves the right to recall media and equipment if it is needed for student or faculty use.
- Media and equipment may be used by outside agencies, organizations, groups or individuals if they are meeting within the College of Nursing building.
- Media or equipment will not be loaned to non-University agencies or institutions for uses unrelated to College of Nursing programs or activities unless authorized by the Director, Administration & Operations or the appropriate Division Assistant Dean
Permission of the campus Learning Resource Center Coordinator must be obtained for all LRC assigned media or media and simulation equipment. Permission of the Workstation Specialists must be obtained for all computer related equipment. Directors of other centers or projects should give permission for use of media equipment assigned to their areas.
The Coordinator/Specialist/Director checks to see that materials are not scheduled for use and arranges pickup/delivery.
The individual borrowing media or equipment assumes full responsibility for the items including loss, damage, or theft and signs a form acknowledging this responsibility.
Upon return of the items, the Coordinator of the Learning Center/Workstation Specialist/Director is responsible for checking the items for needed repair or replacement and arranging for any costs to be charged as appropriate.