CON Associate Dean for Transformational Practice and Partnerships
|Administration & Organization
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Associate Dean for Transformational Practice and Partnerships Position Description
|Section 3.0 - Position Descriptions
|Originating Date: June 2012
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
General Position Description
The Associate Dean for Transformational Practice and Partnerships is the Senior Practice and Partnerships Officer for the College of Nursing and has responsibility for visionary leadership of the College’s full portfolio of practice, engagement, and academic/practice partnership programs at local, state, national, and global levels. These programs encompass the Morehead Center for Nursing Practice, the International Programs Office in the College of Nursing and Continuing Nursing Education. This individual facilitates the planning, administration, evaluation, and continuous improvement of transformational faculty practice, community partnership, and international programs in the College by working collaboratively with the directors of each program. S/he serves as a liaison with community engagement and collaborative programs as they develop. S/he seeks, develops, implements, and evaluates internal and external partnerships related to practice, including funding sponsors, directed toward the College’s achievement of its faculty practice, community engagement, and global strategic plans. The individual is accountable for planning innovative, future-oriented practice and community engagement programs; oversight in meeting clinical accreditation and credentialing standards; effective grantsmanship for clinical and health services scholarship and demonstration grant support; and effective collaboration with faculty and staff in the practice, community engagement, and global missions.
The Associate Dean for Transformational Practice and Partnerships collaborates with the Dean, the College’s other leaders, faculty, and inter-professional colleagues in accomplishing the College’s practice, engagement, and global missions and moving the College toward its strategic and long range goals. S/he reports to the Dean and serves at the Dean’s request. S/he is the College’s liaison with Nebraska Medicine and serves on University clinical affairs committees and in inter-professional practice and partnership initiatives.
The Associate Dean for Transformational Practice and Partnerships collaborates with other members of the Executive Council, and s/he works closely with the Faculty Practice committee, the Morehead Center for Nursing Practice, the International Programs office, and the office of Continuing Nursing Education. S/he works closely with the Associate Dean for Academic Programs and the Associate Dean for Research to creatively design, implement, and evaluate transformational practice, partnerships, and global programs that integrate and support the College’s academic and research missions in the practice environment. S/he appoints, supervises, and facilitates the work of the Directors of the offices for practice, international programs, and continuing nursing education. The Director of the Morehead Center for Nursing Practice, the Director of International Programs, and the Director of Continuing Nursing Education, report to and are accountable for successful outcomes of their positions to the Associate Dean for Transformational Practice and Partnerships.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Provides vision and leadership for excellence and innovation in practice and academic/community partnerships, community engagement, global initiatives, and innovative models of care delivery.
- Maintains a program of research as appropriate given the scope of responsibilities.
- Seeks and facilitates practice and partnership demonstration grants.
- Develops and applies measures of practice and partnership quality and quality improvement.
- Sets standards for innovative, effective, and efficient practice and partnership initiatives.
- Recommends budgets and other resources for meeting the practice, partnership, and global missions of the College.
- Assures compliance with professional accreditation and regulatory bodies.
- Leads and manages systems and policies that support practice and partnership program planning, implementation, evaluation, and continuous improvement.
- Provides oversight of programs related to the practice, community engagement, and global missions, such as faculty orientation, faculty development, faculty awards, and student volunteer practice opportunities.
- Collaborates with inter-professional colleagues for the advancement of the University’s strategic plan for practice, community engagement, and global initiatives.
- Provides input as appropriate to Chairs and Division Deans on faculty evaluations.
- Represents the Dean at designated practice meetings and, as needed, at regional, national, and international professional meetings related to practice, partnerships, and global initiatives.
- A bachelors and master’s degree in nursing and an earned doctorate in nursing or a related field.
- Expertise in health administration and partnerships.
- A distinguished record of clinical or health services scholarship.
- Experience with faculty practice and community partnerships.
- Evidence of effective inter-professional practice collaboration.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including a participatory leadership style that fosters respect and collegiality; strong managerial skills; ability to think creatively, to take appropriate risks, and make timely decisions; openness to the ideas of others and to constructive feedback.
- Qualifications commensurate with appointment as Associate or Full Professor.