CON Director, Center for Patient, Family and Community Engagement in Chronic Care Management (CENTRIC)
|Home||Administration & Organization||Position Descriptions|
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Director, CENTRIC Position Description||Subsection: 3.2.21|
|Section 3.0 - Position Descriptions||Originating Date: October 2016|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
General Position Description
The Director of the CENTRIC will be responsible for the overall administration and management of Center activities which includes building a research infrastructure and facilitating the research productivity of CENTRIC scientists. Through the CENTRIC, resources in the existing CON Niedfelt Nursing Research Center can be expanded. The Director will provide overall leadership for organization and operation of the CENTRIC through the committee work.
The Director of CENTRIC reports to the Dean of the CON. The Director is a member of the College of Nursing Executive Council and collaborates with College of Nursing leadership and faculty to see that the activities of the CENTRIC are consistent with and supportive of the College’s strategic priorities. S/he collaborates with the Associate Dean for Research regarding utilization of resources of the Niedfelt Nursing Research Center for mock reviews, additional statistical consultation beyond that available within the Center, grant budget development and post-award monitoring, and manuscript preparation. The Director collaborates with the Office of the Associate Dean for Transformational Practice and Partnerships for assistance with translating research results to practice. The Director has a consultative relationship with the Associate Dean for Academic Programs related to the Center’s education focus. The Director has a collaborative relationship with PhD and DNP Program Directors for students to be involved in clinical, translational and implementation science experiences. S/he also collaborates with the Community Advisory Committee, the Internal Advisory Committee and the Faculty Steering Advisory Committee to meet the goals of the CENTRIC. The Director has a reporting relationship with the Vice Chancellor for Research for research productivity.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Serves as administrator of the Center.
- Collaborates with faculty and administrative personnel within the University of Nebraska Medical Center and other University campuses as well as health professionals to plan translational methods to support the science related to self-management for chronic care conditions.
- Provides leadership in convening and interdisciplinary faculty affiliates around key topical areas of interest to the group to accomplish the aims of the Center.
- Provides the research infrastructure, in partnership with the Associate Dean for Research, for faculty to build research programs related to aims of the Center.
- Provides the research infrastructure and a home for PhD and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) students to be involved with interdisciplinary team science projects for development of their clinical research and implementation science (evidence-based practice) projects.
- Develops and provides shared resources specific to chronic care and self-management that are beyond the existing infrastructure of the Niedfelt Nursing Research Center.
- Plans for and develops sustainability of the Center by building a portfolio of research, dissemination, and diffusion initiatives in collaboration with university and community partners.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to sound fiscal practices in the management of the Center’s budget and hiring key personnel for the administrative core of the Center as it grows.
- Serves on the College of Nursing Executive Council.
- Engages in an active program of scholarship.
- Baccalaureate or master’s degree in nursing, with earned doctorate in nursing or related field (e.g., one graduate degree must be in nursing)
- Academic rank of Professor
- Expertise in research methods
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, managerial skills, creativity, ability to make timely decisions, to collaborative effectively, and to be open to the ideas of others and to constructive feedback
- Licensure, or eligibility for licensure, as a registered nurse in Nebraska