CON Director, Morehead Center for Nursing Practice
|Home||Administration & Organization||Position Descriptions|
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Director, Morehead Center for Nursing Practice Position Description||Subsection: 3.2.12|
|Section 3.0 - Position Descriptions||Originating Date: June 2007|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
General Position Description
The Director of the Morehead Center for Nursing Practice (MCNP) provides vision and strategic leadership to increase the prestige and visibility of the College of Nursing (CON) academic nursing practices at the system, regional, and national level. The Director supports academic nursing practice activities throughout the CON to assure optimal education, research, and fiscal outcomes from faculty practice. The faculty practice activities of the CON include the Academic Nursing Clinics, contracts for faculty practice services, health services research and evaluation, and practices developed and managed by the MCNP.
The Director of the MCNP reports to the Dean in his or her administrative role. In addition, s/he is a member of the faculty assigned to a division where s/he participates in the tripartite faculty roles of teaching, research, and service. The Director collaborates with the division assistant deans in the areas of faculty practice. The Director collaborates with the Associate Dean for Research in areas related to clinical scholarship. The Director collaborates with the Assistant Dean of Informatics and Learning Technologies in areas related to data and information management for clinical and faculty practices.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Provide leadership in developing the CON strategic vision for practice
- Mentor, advise, and assist faculty who want to develop a faculty practice and/or a program of clinical scholarship.
- Develop practices, to include contract negotiation and management (e.g. associated billing, check processing, revenue disbursement, and reporting), business plans, and marketing.
- Provide the infrastructure to support clinical enterprises activities, including, the credentialing process, report generation, and practice and evaluation grants budget maintenance.
- Monitor outcomes of academic nursing practices to include clinical data, access to care, cost of care data, and education and clinical scholarship activities.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Dean for Administration to monitor budgets of the academic nursing clinics, faculty practice contracts, and other fiscal activities related to practice activities, e.g. faculty development accounts.
- Be accountable for the budget of the MCNP.
- Provide data regarding faculty practice activities, including revenue, scholarship, and teaching to division deans to assist them in mentoring faculty and faculty evaluation.
- Represent faculty practice and academic nursing center issues at the Executive Council and to the Dean.
- In collaboration with Faculty Practice Committee and Executive Council, develop and implement policies related to faculty practice to present to GFO.
- Ex Officio member of the Faculty Practice Committee.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Dean, Informatics and Learning Technologies, determine the process for collecting data regarding faculty practice.
- Pursue practice funding, including practice grant development and implementation, revenue, and foundation funding.
- Earned doctorate in nursing preferred.
- Nationally certified clinical expert preferred.
- Experience in academic nursing practices.
- Established program of clinical scholarship to include practice improvement, or translational research or health services research.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, managerial skills, creativity, ability to collaborate across practice disciplines, and ability to articulate the nature and value of academic nursing practice.
- Demonstrated skills in public policy related to access, quality and cost of health care.
- Practice management experience preferred.
- Eligible for rank of Associate or Full Professor, preferred.