CON Nursing Research Committee Rules of the Faculty Organization
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Nursing Research Committee Rules of the Faculty Organization
|Section 4.0 - Faculty Policies
|Originating Date: October 1975
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Nursing Research Committee
Faculty Coordinating Council
Final Approving Committee:
General Faculty Organization
The purpose of the Nursing Research Committee is to (a) promote interest and involvement of faculty and students to achieve the research goals of the College of Nursing and (b) support the development and sustainability of a dynamic culture of research and scholarship throughout the College of Nursing.
Applies to all faculty and students involved and/or interested in research at UNMC College of Nursing.
- Consult with the Associate Dean for Research regarding the College of Nursing infrastructure to support research and scholarship productivity.
- Recommend policies and procedures to support faculty research development.
- Advise Niedfelt Nursing Research Center (NNRC) on content for the University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Nursing websites.
- Provide review of scientific and scholarly merit and resource availability for faculty research projects or delegate the review to qualified faculty for Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications, if needed.
- Review and provide input on the CON strategic plan annually to determine and act upon the Research Committee’s yearly goals and contributions.
- Review applications for the Pennie Z. Davis Research Award and recommend the award recipient for the year.
- Build faculty research and scholarship skills through faculty development.
- Encourage dissemination of faculty research within and outside the College of Nursing
- Facilitate identification of faculty research and scholarship interests.
- Identify strategies to promote research and scholarship collaboration across College of Nursing.
- Chairperson or co-chairpersons, elected annually after the spring elections from the committee membership for a one year term.
- Committee Composition
- Six (6) faculty members elected at-large for staggered three year terms.
- Associate Dean for Research.
- PhD Program Director
- One or more ad hoc members appointed for a specific term from a clinical agency affiliated with UNMC College of Nursing.
- A student representative from the College of Nursing’s PhD, DNP and Undergraduate Programs.
- Qualification for membership – Faculty members must have graduate faculty status.
- Meet monthly, or as needed, during the academic year.
- All elected members shall have voting privileges.