CON Proctoring Process for Remote Students
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 09:49, May 14, 2019 by Jbarrier (→The Course Coordinator is responsible for the following:)
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Proctoring Process for Remote Students||Subsection: Appendix V|
|Section 5.0 - Appendices||Originating Date: May 2011|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Professional Graduate Nursing Affairs Committee;
Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
General Faculty Organization
Course Coordinator Responsibilities:
The Course Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Identify the students who require proctors.
- Verify proctor meets requirements.
- Provide instructions and testing schedule to students and proctors. The specific testing dates should be the same for all remote students in the course. If an exception needs to be made in the test schedule, arrangements need to be made by the course coordinator, testing coordinator, and the proctor. Information about where the student’s course and test are located (e.g. Blackboard, course number) and if the student can use any course materials during the test should be provided to the proctor.
- Prior to administering the tests, course coordinators should notify proctors of the test password and any specific instructions, including if the student can use notes, scratch paper or their own device for testing.
- Course coordinators should provide contact information (phone number, email) for themselves as well as a secondary contact personnel in case of inadvertent platform or technical difficulties
The Student is responsible for the following:
- Identify a proctor and notify the course coordinator of the proctor contact information prior to the date listed in the syllabus. Any fees charged by the proctor will be the student’s responsibility.
- Schedule the test with the proctor during the allotted dates/times.
- Bring a photo ID, the answer sheet, and a pencil to the test.
- Do not bring any material (e.g. purses, backpacks, cell phones) except those allowed by the course coordinator (e.g. a blank answer sheet and “scratch” paper) into the testing area.
- Document your answers on an answer sheet and leave both the answer sheet and any “scratch” paper used during the test with the proctor when the test has been concluded.
- Remain in the testing area except in an emergency.
- Log into the computer and Blackboard course management system to begin the test and log out of the computer at the end of the test.
The Proctor is responsible for the following:
- Ensure that the computer the student will be using for the test has the most current version of Internet Explorer, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox. It is best if the computer being used for the test is not the student’s own computer.
- Check a photo ID prior to the test if not familiar with the student.
- Remove the student’s cell phone, PDA, backpack, purse and hat during the testing period.
- Once the student has accessed Blackboard, enter the password without sharing the password with the student. If the security of the password has been breached, the proctor will notify the course coordinator and/or the testing coordinator immediately.
- Confirm that the test is the correct test.
- Make sure the student has a blank answer sheet to record item answers during the test. If requested by the student, provide a blank piece of paper for the student to use for “scratch” paper during the test.
- Adhere to the time limits for the test.
- Supervise the testing environment; the student should not leave the testing room unless there is an emergency.
- Verify that the test questions are not reproduced or retained in any form when the student has completed the test.
- Collect completed answer sheets and any “scratch paper” from the student. If the student’s test is lost, proctors will mail the answer sheet to the instructor for grading purposes. When the course is completed, any retained answer sheets may be destroyed.
- Ensure that the student has logged out of the computer when the test is completed.