CON Proctoring Process for Remote Students
From University of Nebraska Medical Center
Revision as of 11:03, August 1, 2019 by Jbarrier
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Proctoring Process for Remote Students||Subsection: Appendix V|
|Section 5.0 - Appendices||Originating Date: May 2011|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Professional Graduate Nursing Affairs Committee;
Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
General Faculty Organization
Course Coordinator Responsibilities:
The Course Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Identify the students who require proctors.
- Verify proctor meets requirements.
- Provide instructions and testing schedule to students and proctors. The specific testing dates should be the same for all remote students in the course. If an exception needs to be made to the test schedule, arrangements need to be made by the course coordinator and the proctor. Information about the exam platform and if the student can use any course materials during the exam should be provided to the proctor.
- Prior to administering the tests, course coordinators should notify proctors of the test password and any specific instructions, including if the student can use notes, scratch paper or their own device for testing.
- Course coordinators should provide contact information (phone number, email) for themselves as well as a secondary contact personnel in case of inadvertent platform or technical difficulties
The Student is responsible for the following:
- Identify a proctor and notify the course coordinator of the proctor contact information prior to the date listed in the syllabus. Proctors can include librarians, administrative staff, teachers, military officers, clergy, or testing or tutoring resource people at another college. Professional testing centers (e.g. Sylvan) or members of the Consortium of College Testing Centers are permitted. Proctors must not be close personal friends or family members, and work managers are not allowed.
- Any fees charged by the proctor will be the student’s responsibility. Schedule the test with the proctor during the allotted dates/times.
- Bring a photo ID and a pencil to the test.
- Do not bring any material (e.g. purses, backpacks, electronic devices, watches, hats, or coats) except those allowed by the course coordinator (e.g. course notes, own device used for testing or “scratch” paper) into the testing area.
- Leave any “scratch” paper used during the test with the proctor when the test has been concluded.
- Remain in the testing area except in an emergency.
The Proctor is responsible for the following:
- Ensure that if the proctor is providing the computer it includes the most up to date required web browser or testing software.
- Check a photo ID prior to the test if not familiar with the student.
- Require students to set aside any electronic devices, backpacks, purses, coats, hats and watches during the testing period.
- Once the student has accessed the exam confirm that the test is the correct test and provide the password(s).
- Provide a blank piece of paper for the student to use for “scratch” paper during the test.
- Adhere to the time limits for the test.
- Supervise the testing environment; the student should not leave the testing room unless there is an emergency.
- Verify that the test questions are not reproduced or retained in any form when the student has completed the test.
- Collect “scratch paper” from the student.
- Ensure that the test has been submitted electronically if required and that the student logout of the computer before leaving the testing room.