Classroom/Presentation Equipment, Classroom Media Computer Hardware and Software version February 2008
From University of Nebraska Medical Center
Revision as of 12:29, April 8, 2015 by Jbarrier (Created page with "<table style="max-width:70em !important; background:#F8FCFF; text-align:center" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"> <tr> <td style="padding:0.5em; backgro...")
|Home||Facilities and Resources|
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Classroom/Presentation Equipment, Classroom Media Computer Hardware and Software||Subsection: 6.2.2|
|Section 6.0 - Information||Originating Date: July, 1979|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
|J:/RESOURCE MANUAL/Table of Contents College of Nursing Resource Manual|
Purchase, distribution, maintenance and location of all classroom/presentation equipment, classroom media, computer hardware and computer software at the College of Nursing are done in accordance with UNMC ITS procedures.
Classroom/Presentation Equipment, Classroom Media
- All requisitions for new audiovisual equipment, classroom media, computer hardware and computer software will be reviewed to ensure compatibility with existing standards. The College of Nursing Learning Resource Center (LRC) Coordinator will coordinate with the Assistant Dean for Informatics and Learning Technologies, and the campus Assistant Deans to ensure equipment and media compatibility. The Workstation Specialist will review hardware and software purchases to insure compatibility and compliance with standards.
- All classroom/presentation equipment, classroom media, computer hardware, and computer software purchased by any Division of the College of Nursing is considered the property of the College of Nursing as a whole with assignment made to the College as a whole and not to an individual or individual division.
- All classroom/presentation equipment, classroom media, computer hardware and computer software purchased by the College of Nursing will be delivered directly to the ordering division, if possible. Otherwise, delivery will be to the Omaha Learning Resource Center. Upon receipt, each item will be checked to determine if order has been filled correctly and completely and if unit is working properly. The warranty card will then be filled out and returned if applicable. All equipment received by the College of Nursing over $5,000 will be marked with a standard identification by UNMC Inventory control. All equipment over $100 and less than $5,000 will be marked with standard identification by the receiving Learning Resource Center.
- The College of Nursing will maintain an inventory of each piece of classroom/presentation equipment (regardless of cost) which will include the following information: type and brand of equipment, model number, vendor, serial number, date of purchase, grant or funding source, and University number assigned.
- The College of Nursing will maintain an inventory of all classroom media, computer hardware, and computer software. Data to be documented will depend upon the characteristics of the item.
- All classroom presentation equipment, classroom media, and computer hardware are to be inventoried on a yearly basis. Equipment on loan outside the College must be brought into one of the four campuses on a yearly basis for inventory.
- All classroom equipment and classroom media held on the campuses will be cleaned and maintained by the LRC Coordinators. If there is a repair issue, the LRC Coordinator will need to contact the campus assistant deans or in Omaha the Assistant Dean for Informatics and Learning Technologies to determine whether to repair or to replace the equipment. Any damage or loss of equipment should be reported immediately to the Learning Resource Center.
- All computer hardware and software will be maintained by the Workstation Specialist. Any damage or loss of computer hardware/software are to be reported immediately to the Workstation Specialist.
- Location of Equipment
- New equipment is considered a part of the overall equipment inventory of the College, even without identification marking. Physical security of new media materials and equipment is of paramount importance.
- All transferring, loaning, sharing, disposal and/or sale of equipment, hardware and software will be handled locally by the LRC coordinators or Workstation Specialist, in accordance with Policy 6.2.1. Disposal and/or sale of equipment will be according to UNMC policy and coordinated through the Assistant Dean for Informatics and Learning Technologies in order to facilitate cross campus consistency in equipment, expedite record keeping and correct inventory control.
- Ordering Preview Media
- Media may be ordered for preview, by request to the respective campus LRC coordinator. The LRC Coordinator will be responsible for returning the preview materials in a timely manner.
- Recommendations for purchase of media should be made across campus locations if at all possible. The requester must coordinate with all campus course coordinators (as appropriate) and all LRC Coordinators for a purchase decision.
- All computer software must be approved by the appropriate Assistant Dean and the College of Nursing Workstation Specialist.