CON English as a Second Language - Undergraduate Students
From University of Nebraska Medical Center
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|English as a Second Language Undergraduate Students||Subsection: 5.2.5|
|Section 5.0 - Student Policies||Originating Date: March 1987|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Admission, Progression, Graduation and Scholarship/Grant Committee
- Applicants whose language of nurture is not English must present current (within the last 5 years) scores from instruments that measure listening, structure, reading, writing and oral communication competency in the English Language. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the Pearson Test of English, and the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are acceptable examinations to demonstrate English language competency.
- The minimum scoring standards are:
- Internet Based TOEFL (iBT): minimum score of 22 in the Reading, Listening and Writing sections and a minimum score of 26 in the Speaking section.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): minimum score of 59 in the Reading, Listening and Writing sections and a minimum score of 71 in the Speaking section.
- IELTS: Band 6.5 in Reading, Listening, and Writing sections and Band 7 in Speaking as minimum scores.
- International applicants who originate from a country whose native language is English will be evaluated individually
- Any student who presents with a question of English proficiency upon faculty or student service advisor interview must demonstrate English proficiency according to the standards listed in #2.