CON Evaluation of Undergraduate Students
From University of Nebraska Medical Center
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Evaluation of Undergraduate Students||Subsection: 5.2.15|
|Section 5.0 - Student Policies||Originating Date: March 1972|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
General Faculty Organization
- Course objectives/outcomes/competencies shall be the basis for evaluating student achievement.
- Course faculty shall develop methods for providing ongoing, systematic, and comprehensive feedback to students regarding their clinical performance in clinical and combined courses.
- The students shall have access to their theory grade in the course at midterm and at final in didactic and combined courses.
- Minimum evaluation of clinical achievement should include written feedback at the end of each clinical week, at mid-term, and at the conclusion of the course for courses that contain a clinical component.
- Students may request an evaluation of progress at any time for the purpose of additional guidance.
- Students shall have access to their own evaluations and records located in Student services. Students may request and receive copies of any information in their own records located in student services to which they have not waived access. The cost of the photocopying shall be borne by the student. When students review original personal records in Student Services, an office associate, student services coordinator, or faculty member must be present.
- Regular clinical progress and clinical evaluation records may be disposed of following a student’s successful completion of the NCLEX-RN or one year after graduation, whichever occurs first.
- Any faculty feedback on papers or projects that are factored into the final course grade are to be provided to the students in a timely manner and/or prior to any additional assignments for which feedback is needed for improvement.
- Students shall be oriented to evaluation policies and procedures in each course at the beginning of the semester.
- Regular clinical progress notes and a summarized statement of evaluation of undergraduate student's clinical progress shall be entered into the Clinical Performance Evaluation Tool.
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Tools that are paper copies shall be dated and initialed during each clinical week, dated and signed for midterm, and final. For electronic Clinical Performance Evaluation Tools, students will at a minimum acknowledge in writing in the comment box after each clinical week, at midterm and at finals that they have reviewed the evaluation.
- All grades must be completed and submitted to Academic Records by the final day of the semester.
- Course Coordinators shall be responsible for securing and presenting clinical evaluations to Student Services for filing in students' records each semester. Electronic clinical evaluations will be downloaded by designated staff and stored in an electronic file in Student Services.