CON Faculty Immunizations and CPR
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Faculty Immunizations and CPR
|Section 4.0 - Faculty Policies
|Originating Date: May 2002
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Faculty Coordinating Council
All faculty are required to provide written proof of the following at the time of employment and annually or upon expiration thereafter:
- Written verification of current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professionals).
- Written verification and documentation of current immunizations listed below:
- TUBERCULOSIS (TB) baseline skin or blood test upon hire; annual completion of TB risk assessment and symptom review; individuals with untreated latent TB will need to complete treatment or complete annual screening for signs and symptoms of TB.
- INFLUENZA immunization annually.
- HEPATITIS B series of immunizations and/or adequate titer levels.
- TETANUS Tdap vaccination 1x an adult; booster (Td) every 10 years thereafter.
- Faculty who were born in 1957 or later need to have verification through immunization records or a titer showing immunity for the diseases listed below. Faculty who were born in 1956 or prior are generally considered immune to the below diseases. Faculty from outside the United States who cannot provide evidence of immunization may be required to have titers drawn.
- RUBELLA (German measles)
- RUBEOLA (Red measles)
- VARICELLA (Chicken Pox)
Written verification of current immunization status or a Request for Waiver of Faculty Immunizations or CPR Requirements is required at time of employment.
Annually, or at the time a specific immunization is nearing expiration, dean's office staff shall request written documentation or waiver request forms be submitted to email@example.com.
Faculty may request a waiver from these requirements by completing the Request for Waiver of Faculty Immunizations or CPR Requirements and providing justification and documentation of need for waiver. For recurring requirements, Request for Waiver of Faculty Immunizations or CPR Requirements must be submitted each time requirements come due.
Records are maintained in the dean's office.