CON Global Health Committee Rules of the Faculty Organization
From University of Nebraska Medical Center
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Global Health Committee Rules of the Faculty Organization||Subsection: 4.1.12|
|Section 4.0 - Faculty Policies||Originating Date: April 2022|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Global Health Committee
Faculty Coordinating Council
Final Review Agency:
General Faculty Organization
The purpose of the Global Health Committee is to lead the College of Nursing faculty and staff in issues related to global health in the education, practice/service, and research missions.
- Represent the College of Nursing at UNMC, UNO and NU international programs, meetings and/or committees; assess, report, and advise about international impact of College of Nursing.
- Inform and support Office of Transformational Practice and Partnerships and the College of Nursing Strategic Plans regarding international activities and issues.
- Inform the College of Nursing curriculum at all levels regarding global health.
- Review and advise College of Nursing on exchange of educational content and clinical opportunities with a focus on global health competencies.
- Assist and participate in planned exchange experiences and international visits.
- Inform College of Nursing policies and procedure regarding student and faculty exchange participation.
- Participate in assessment and evaluation of new international student experience sites for consideration of inclusion into College of Nursing international exchange program.
- One elected voting representative of the faculty from each campus for 2-year term
- Omaha (Even)
- Kearney (Even)
- Norfolk (Even)
- Scottsbluff (Odd)
- Lincoln (Odd)
- One elected voting staff representative for a 2-year term
- Two “at large” voting members elected from the faculty or staff for 2-year terms
- Director of Global Health (ex officio, non-voting)
- One student representative (volunteer, non-voting) for a 1-year term
- Associate Dean for Transformational Practice and Partnerships (ex officio, non-voting)
- Committee will meet monthly during the academic year.
- Administrative support for the Committee will be provided by the Office of Transformational Practice and Partnerships
- The committee appoints a chair from the faculty members the first meeting each academic year.
- Annual goals are developed at the beginning of the academic year and a report is submitted to the Faculty Coordinating Council at the end of the academic year.
- Membership guidelines: all members should demonstrate a willingness or expressed interest in developing and supporting a global health program for the purpose of improving student global health competence, supporting scholarship or research related to global health and/or an interest in global health care.