CON Promotion for Clinical Rank version May 2015
From University of Nebraska Medical Center
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Promotion for Clinical Rank||Subsection: 4.4.6 (2)|
|Section 4.0 - Faculty Policies||Originating Date: March 2011|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Promotion and Tenure Committee
- The College of Nursing shall promulgate written standards which shall be used in making all recommendations on clinical rank promotion. The standards are applicable to eligible faculty members in the College of Nursing with a Masters in Nursing degree in all divisions.
- The College of Nursing Promotion and Tenure Committee establishes Standards for Promotion for Clinical Rank (Appendix A2). The College of Nursing has established submission deadlines. Submission dates are posted on the College of Nursing intranet website: Promotion and Tenure at the following URL: http://mycon.unmc.edu.
- College of Nursing Promotion and Tenure Committee will function as the peer review committee. The Committee functions include: assure complete and accurate documentation of the candidate’s accomplishments; assessing the merits of the candidate’s accomplishments in relation to the standards of promotion for clinical rank; and advise the Dean in writing regarding the promotion recommendation.
- After review by the Promotion and Tenure Committee, the Committee Chair will notify the candidate and the dean in writing of the P&T Committee recommendations.
- Committee Decision. To appeal the Promotion and Tenure Committee’s actions, a letter stating why the decision was capricious, arbitrary or prejudiced must be submitted to the Dean within 15 working days after receiving written notification of the denial from the Committee. The dean will review all submitted materials, and may meet with the Promotion and Tenure Committee or request additional review of the documents before rendering a decision. The dean’s decision to deny promotion will be considered final.