Formulation, Evaluation, and Revision Dissemination of Policies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Formulation, Evaluation, and Revision Dissemination of Policies||Subsection: 1.3|
|Section 1.0 - Introduction||Originating Date: March 1972|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Faculty Coordinating Council
Final Approving Agency:
Policies are formulated, evaluated and revised as follows:
- Proposals for faculty and student policies may be submitted to appropriate governance or administrative committees from faculty members, students, staff or other interested persons.
- Faculty and student policies and appendices shall be evaluated at least once every five (5) years from the last noted revision or review.
- Each policy shall have a “responsible reviewing agency(s)” identified. This entity is responsible for conducting regular evaluations of the policy.
Professional Graduate student policies from the designated committee will review and propose the change. Committee chairman will present the proposed change to faculty at GFO for information and discussion. After the GFO presentation the designated staff associated will send all faculty with graduate faculty status the proposed change to vote for approval or reject. The vote will be announced at the next GFO meeting to serve as record of the vote. After the vote is announced, the policy will be forwarded to the webmaster for changes in the policy. After the policy is changed in the resource manual, the webmaster will notify the committee chair who will verify the changes. PhD policies are presented at GFO for information and sent to UNMC Office of Graduate Studies for approval. PhD administrative associate will forward the approved policy changes to webmaster.
All faculty and student policies and appendices are presented to GFO for information, discussion, and action. GFO administrative associate will forward to the webmaster the changes approved by the GFO. The webmaster will notify the committee chair when the changes have been made in the policy.
- Unless stated otherwise, faculty and student policies and appendices are effective when approved by the designated agency or GFO.
Policies are located and disseminated as follows:
- All faculty and student policies and appendices in the CON's resource manual are deployed on the wiki, and Word versions for review are located on the network and obtained through the webmaster.
- Policies that affect students will be referenced in the Bulletin of the College of Nursing and be available in their entirety on the CON Intranet College_of_Nursing.
- When a policy has been approved, reviewed or revised by a committee and/or the General Faculty Organization, the action voted on will be noted in the meeting minutes and the designated administrative associate will forward the changes to the webmaster. The webmaster will make changes in the Wiki and Word versions and notify the committee chair when the changes have been made.
- New or revised policies relating to students shall be deployed on the CON wiki. The appropriate director will send an email to students notifying them of the policy change and referring them to the CON wiki. All affected students shall receive an email notifying them of the policy change and referring them to the CON Intranet for complete information.
- In the case of faculty policies approved by the GFO, confirmation of the action in the GFO minutes shall constitute notification of faculty. In the case of policies passed by entities other than the GFO, confirmation of the new or revised policy shall be sent by e-mail to College of Nursing faculty and staff. New version will be placed on the CON wiki.
*See CON Evaluation Plan, Section 3.