CON Request for Change in Course Concepts and Exemplars version May 2017
|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Request for Change in Course Concepts and Exemplars||Subsection: Appendix Y|
|Section - Appendices||Originating Date: May 2017|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Faculty may request a change in either a concept or exemplar in a current course in written form to the appropriate curriculum committee. If approved by the committee, the change will be made in the course at the appropriate time (e.g., next offering). Faculty must follow the guidelines and use the form provided below.
The following steps are required for the proposed change in concept or exemplar.
- Any proposed concept change for a course will be discussed by all divisions delivering the course. The faculty proposing the concept change will contact the cross campus coordinator for the course who will facilitate discussion of the proposed concept change across divisions. The majority of the faculty in the course must support the proposed change. The cross campus coordinator will forward this information to the curriculum committee chair for consideration by the committee.
- If the proposed change is for an exemplar(s) across all campuses, the faculty proposing the change will contact the cross campus course coordinator who will facilitate the discussion of the proposed exemplar change. The majority of the faculty in the course must support the proposed change. The cross campus course coordinator will forward this information to the curriculum committee chair for consideration by the committee.
- If the proposed change is for one division’s course exemplar(s), the course coordinator will inform other divisions of this proposed change and share rationale. This proposed change is forwarded to curriculum committee chair for consideration by the committee.
- The appropriate form for proposed change in concept and exemplar must be completed with written rationale to support the proposed change.
- The cross campus course coordinator or representative faculty member will present the request at a scheduled curriculum committee meeting for approval.