Secure Area Card Access
|Human Resources||Safety/Security||Research Compliance||Compliance||Privacy/Information Security||Business Operations||Intellectual Property|
Identification Card | Secure Area Card Access | Privacy/Confidentiality | Computer Use/Electronic Information | Retention and Destruction/Disposal of Private and Confidential Information | Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information | Notice of Privacy Practices | Access to Designated Record Set | Accounting of PHI Disclosures | Patient/Consumer Complaints | Vendors | Fax Transmissions | Psychotherapy Notes | Facility Security | Conditions of Treatment Form | Informed Consent for UNMC Media | Transporting Protected Health Information | Honest Broker | Social Security Number | Third Party Registry | Information Security Awareness and Training
Policy No.: 6009
Effective Date: 03/17/03
Revised Date: 11/29/16
Secure Area Card Access Control Policy
Basis for Policy
UNMC has designated areas where limited, independent access/egress (exit) is necessary to provide security and safety for employees, faculty, students, patients, visitors, and staff. Various means will be utilized to help control access/egress to these secured areas. These include card access, alarms, and other means of securing the area.
Designated Access Control Representatives (ACRs) will have final authority to authorize independent card access and access locations for their department(s).
Criteria for authorizing independent access shall include but not be limited to:
- The secured area is the staff’s designated primary work area (includes department employees and may include physicians and other health care providers designated by the department ACR)
- Staff who need to access the secured area for patient care emergencies and no staff is available to give them access
- Designated Security personnel
Access to a secured area will be authorized based on necessity and not convenience.
Visitors, staff and health care providers without proper identification may be asked to sign in and out before they enter and exit a secured area with controlled access.
Any secured area with controlled access should have staff available to permit access/egress or a means shall be available to allow access.
- Contact the Photo ID Office or Steven Williamson, Manager, Identification and Access Control
- UNMC Policy No. 6008, Identification Card
- UNMC Policy No. 6045, Privacy, Confidentiality and Information Security
- UNMC Policy No. 6051, Computer Use and Electronic Information Security
- UNMC Policy No. 6056, Retention and Destruction/Disposal of Private and Confidential Information
- UNMC Policy No. 6067, Facility Security
This page maintained by dkp.