International Health Education
|Human Resources||Safety/Security||Research Compliance||Compliance||Privacy/Information Security||Business Operations||Intellectual Property|
General Accounting | SBIR/STTR Program Participation | Supplemental Compensation Plan | Facilities Management/Planning | Purchasing | Public Affairs | Facility Identification | Serving Alcoholic Beverages | Travel and Reimbursement | State Vehicles | Reproducing Copyrighted Materials | Credit Card Processing | Student Training Agreement | Volunteer | Cash Handling | Fraud | Assigning Research Lab Space | Space Scheduling | International Health Education | Faculty Personnel Records | Cellular Phone | Off-campus Graphic Design and Related Printing | Off-campus Photography | Tax Exempt Financing and Tracking of Both Qualified Use and Non-Qualified Use of Research Space | Secondary Logos | Social Media
POLICY NO: 6073
EFFECTIVE DATE: DRAFT 02/19/07
REVISED DATE: 02/19/07
REVIEWED DATE: 02/19/07
International Health Education Policy
Consistent with being a world-renowned academic health science center, UNMC promotes faculty, student and staff participation in global health education by:
- Developing faculty and student exchange programs and other partnerships
- Teaching and learning about global health in required and elective courses
- Promoting international travel for study, learning and service
- Recruiting international graduate students, residents, scholars and researchers
- Delivering distance education to international students in their home countries
- Creating international research and technology development partnerships
- Providing services associated with international health education
Approvals for New International Health Education Programs
The University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) requires that formal agreements between UNMC and other educational institutions for international health education programs be approved by the dean or director of the sponsoring unit and by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
Per UNMC Policy No. 8009, Contracts Policy, section 1.C: Academic Affiliation agreements are required for all organizations accepting UNMC students and for all students who come to UNMC from other educational institutions for clinical experience. The academic affiliation template shall be used. Any modifications to the academic affiliation template must be approved by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. A fully executed original copy of the agreement is kept on file in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
International Health Education Website
Information about UNMC international health education programs will be maintained on the International Health Education Website. When a new program is approved, the sponsoring unit should notify the Office of International Studies and Programs which will request information necessary to update the Website.
Related UNMC Procedures
- UNMC Policy No. 8009, Contracts Policy
- College of Medicine, Clinical Affiliation Agreement, see Section II. A, regarding Professional Liability coverage