|Human Resources||Safety/Security||Research Compliance||Compliance||Privacy/Information Security||Business Operations||Intellectual Property|
General Accounting | SBIR/STTR Program Participation | Supplemental Compensation Plan | Facilities Management/Planning | Purchasing | Public Affairs | Facility Identification | Serving Alcoholic Beverages | Travel and Reimbursement | State Vehicles | Reproducing Copyrighted Materials | Bank Card Processing | Student Training Agreement | Volunteer | Cash Handling | Fraud | Assigning Research Lab Space | Space Scheduling and Fundraising | Academic Personnel Records | Cellular Phone | Off-campus Graphic Design and Related Printing | Off-campus Photography | Tax Exempt Financing and Tracking of Both Qualified Use and Non-Qualified Use of Research Space | Secondary Logos | Social Media | Sensitive Equipment Tracking | International Visitors | Accounts Receivable Management
Policy No.: 6080
Effective Date: 01/06/11
Revised Date: 12/19/14
Reviewed Date: 12/19/14
It is the policy of the University of Nebraska to invest in a single visual identity, rather than maintain multiple logos that confuse the audience and diffuse the message. As a result, any secondary logo or campus icon (new or revised) must complete an approval process. A limited number of secondary logos have been approved across the University of Nebraska. Although largely discouraged, secondary logos can be valuable in building the brands of entities that are part of the University but that have a strong external focus.
Criteria for approval
The University-wide Identity Committee will base recommendations on these criteria:
- Contractual or legal agreements
- Gift agreements in which a donor has required certain identification as a condition of the gift --or--
- Revenue-generating enterprises that have developed or may develop significant equity in their logo as a marketing tool to external audiences or whose existence depends on external public support. The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to investing in the development of the organization's brand image as a marketing tool - not just a logo.
- Academic colleges, departments and programs are not eligible for secondary logos.
All requests must follow UNMC's secondary logo procedure, which includes submission of the Request for Approval of New or Existing Secondary Logo Form.
The approved University of Nebraska wordmark and UNMC secondary icon are available on the UNMC Brand Wise site.
NOTE: Secondary logo requests should be made at least 30 days before using it on any publication, website, collateral, etc.
- Questions on the Secondary Logo Policy should be addressed to Dawn Nevarez, Public Relations
- Request for Approval of New or Existing Secondary Logo Form
This page maintained by dkp.